Yes, you read it right! I have experienced something tonight that I never thought could ever happen to me! However, I should have known better because Josh and I have the worst luck EVER!
Okay...let me set the scene. Josh and I were enjoying a nice Sunday afternoon (well..I WAS enjoying a nice Sunday afternoon). Josh was out cutting grass as I sat on the couch watching a little T.V. I heard a little rucus coming from the area around our fireplace which is located against our back patio. My first thought was Josh had moved some furniture or the dogs were wrestling and bumped into the wall. At that time, I didn't think too much about it. THEN, a few minutes later....I heard it again. This time, it caught Lucy's atttention! She started to bark very loudly at the fireplace. So.....I look over at the fireplace, very non-chalaunt and WHAT DO MY WANDERING EYES APPEAR??
A SNAKE!!!! YES..... A SNAKE!
There it was, slithering around in our fireplace like it had found a new wonderful home! I immediately grabbed Goose and we ran to get Josh. So...after a lot of staring and gasping, we started to call our neighbors and family. WHAT to do in a time like this? We were in complete shock! I just knew we had to get this thing out of here ASAP!!